- Location: Derwent Park TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Flexible time commitment due to timing of booked schools tours and other events. Generally, availability would be required during school terms and during school operating hours.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the level of coverage for volunteers due to various restrictions to ensure they are covered for the roles they will be undertaking.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Salvation Army’s Schools Program provides opportunities for students to learn about the work and mission of The Salvation Army through a range of programs suitable for primary and high schools students. Programs and activities include Beyond the Classroom, Couch Wars Sleepout, Health and Wellbeing expos, Homelessness Person’s Week, Anti-Poverty Week and Mental Health Awareness events.
Ideally, we are looking for volunteers (state-wide) who have a teaching or youth- work background to assist the Schools and Community Representative with the delivery of our school programs. The role will include assisting with group activities, participating in events and expos and supervising school tours.