- Location: Kingsgrove NSW
- Commitment: One off - a few hours
- Category: Disability Services
5-10 hours pw between 9-2pm on Wednesdays
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Disability Support
- Music & Entertainment
On the job training and specific one off training in Aged Care or disability related training. Customer service
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This Day Care Centre and Recreational Program for people with disabilities is looking for a volunteer to assist them with activities.
The Role involves:
- Assisting the coordinator to prepare activities (e.g. arts & crafts, reading, board games)
- Assisting the co-ordinator to supervise activities
- One-on-one and group conversations with participants. -Assisting with group bus excursions etc. with other staff.
The volunteer will need:
Ability to communicate with people with disabilities.
Patience, empathetic and kind nature.
Desirable skills: Art & Craft, Music, Woodwork.
Police check will be undertaken. Minimum age is 18 years.
Benefits: -Volunteer will be supported and supervised and in a great team environment. -The volunteer will have the opportunity to gain experience in the Community services sector in the aged care and disability services. -Morning teas provided and the occasional lunch. -Interaction with people and working with a great, friendly team.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering or your first time volunteering in Australia you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday to learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.