- Location: Kingsgrove NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
5 - 8 hours per week between 9am - 4pm on Wednesdays and Fridays
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Music & Entertainment
- Disability Support
Training is provided.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This Day Care Centre and Recreational Program for people with disabilities is looking for a volunteer to assist them with activities. Recruitment for this role will be delayed until May 2020.
The Role involves:
- Assisting the Coordinator to prepare activities (e.g. arts & crafts, reading, board games)
- Assisting the Co-ordinator to supervise activities
- One-on-one and group conversations with participants.
- Assisting with group bus excursions etc. with other staff.
The volunteer will need:
- Ability to communicate with people with disabilities.
- Patience, empathy and a kind nature.
- Art & Craft
Minimum age is 18 years.
- Help the local community.
- Know that you've made a difference in peoples lives.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Gain new skills and share your skills.
- Volunteer in a safe and nurturing environment.