- Location: Chelmer QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Tuesday 9.30amam - 12pm.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Seniors & Aged Care
All Regis volunteers receive yearly mkandatory training and support. Bus safety training included
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Police Check (free for volunteers)*
- Stat Dec
- Positive Attitude
- Current Open Drivers Licence
- Good driving record
- Knowledge of local area and close by attractions
* Arranged via Regis, details to be provided on expression of interest.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Providing the best care is just one part of the job at Regis Aged Care. We support our residents to live the life they want with activities, outings and entertainment. Our Volunteers are key to our program and to enriching people’s daily living with their experience and skills.
Regis Chelmer requires a bus driver once a week every Tuesday from 9.30am - 12pm for local shopping and café trips. A current standard open driver’s licence mandatory and experience of local area preferable.
Volunteer will be responsible for driving the facilities bus and provide assistance to residents in organised trips to various locations with staff assistance. Vehicle is an automatic Toyota Hi Ace Van with capacity of 7 seats and wheel chair.
All Regis volunteers are covered by insurance and receive ongoing training and support. Regis is not Centrelink approved and cannot provide volunteer placement hours for people on Newstart.