- Location: Bendigo VIC
- Commitment: One off - a few hours
- Category: Health
Breakfast shift: 7.30am - 8.30am Lunch shift: 11.30pm - 12.30pm Dinner shift: 4.30pm - 5.30pm
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
You will be working in pairs on three different wards. Being friendly and helpful in readiness for meal times. Assist the patient to clear the over-bed table, offer a wet wipe of warm face washer to the patient, provide gentle social encouragement about the upcoming meal. Offer a wet wipe or warm face washer to the patient so they can refresh their face and hands. Help to remove any distractions ie turn the TV off and pack away newspapers. Volunteers are to advise the nursing staff if the patient is asleep and needs to be woken. Volunteers are not required to feed patients.