- Location: Clarinda VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Tuesdays 1.30-4.30 pm
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Music & Entertainment
- Seniors & Aged Care
MiCare will provide training and MiCare staff will offer ongoing support
MiCare will do the police checks and Micare will pay for the Police Checks
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Micare provides Social Support Groups for independent multicultural seniors in Clarinda. We are currently seeking a volunteer who enjoy encouraging interactions and providing social support for elderly citizens. The volunteers will assist our facilitator with this program.
Volunteers required to assist each Tuesday from 1.30 - 4.30pm in Clarinda
The Volunteers role will be as follows:
- Have an artisitc streak to help with craft & Painting • Assist with set up and clean-up of room before and after program • Greet clients and talk with them • Ensure that clients have name tags • Assist with serving afternoon tea • Assist with games played • Conversation and interaction with individual clients • Assist clients to participate in group activities • Accept instructions from and report to the Program Activity Leader for daily activities.
*Light lifting will also be required.
To find out more please phone our coordinator on 9728 7429 or 'express interest' below and we will be in contact.