- Location: Reservoir VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
a minimum of a day a week ( Fridays) between the hours of 9.30 and 2.30pm - some flexibility on start and finish times.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Trades & Maintenance
- Tutoring & Coaching
No Training required.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
DWES Statutory Declaration and Consent form
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Volunteers usually participate 1 day a week FRIDAY between the hours of 10.00 am to 2.00 pm per day. These are the key responsibilities;
- Train participants on OHS principles specializing in carpentry and joinery.
- Train participants on basic carpentry, joinery, painting and finishing skills.
- Supervise all carpentry projects while at the men’s shed.
- Together with their supervisor acquire resources for projects.
- Advanced carpentry and joinery skills and experience
- OHS Knowledge and experience in particular relating to the use of carpentry tools, manual handling and hazardous chemicals.
- An open, caring and nonjudgmental approach to others
- Experience in adult training
- An understanding of multicultural and diverse communities