- Location: Marrickville NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
2-16 hours per week, Flexible weekdays
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Writing & Editing
Training and orientation will be provided.
A volunteer is sought to provide media and public relations support for a food rescue and distribution charity. The successful applicant will prepare media releases and briefings, provide content for the charity’s website and social media platforms, arrange activities to promote the charity, and develop contacts with local politicians, sponsors and clients. This is a long term role and would suit a retired professional. Duties include
- determine media priorities in consultation with the manager
- develop strategies to grow and maintain public support for the charity
- prepare briefings for local and metropolitan media
- maintain the charity’s website and Facebook page
- monitor new and emerging media for opportunities to promote the charity
- provide support to fund-raising and public awareness events
Skills: • Good analytical skills • Superior oral and written communication skills • Ability to write concisely • Good organisational skills • Interest in current affairs • Ability to work under pressure
Benefits: Volunteering allows you to connect to your community and make it a better place. Dedicating your time as a volunteer helps you to make new friends, expand your network, raise your self-confidence, improve your social and work skills and achieve a natural sense of accomplishment.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.