- Location: Port Lincoln SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Available one day between Monday and Friday, specific days and hours negotiable. We require a 12 month minimum commitment, so please only apply if available longer term.
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
Training is provided, and support is given from the Branch Support Officer at Central Office.
- National Police Certificate *
- Some bookkeeping knowledge is desirable
- Computer skills are an advantage, or willingness to learn
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confidence in dealing with issues with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Support and training will be provided by the Corporate Services department in an ongoing manner
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Our Port Lincoln Meals on Wheels branch requires an Assistant Treasurer to help the Treasurer oversee the branch financial transactions .
Reporting to the Chair, the Treasurer is responsible for overseeing the branch financial transactions including:
- Maintaining a record of all receipts, payments and other financial transactions
- Paying all accounts in a timely manner to suppliers, volunteers and central office
- Overseeing direct debit payments for clients in consultation with other office bearers (e.g. Client Services Coordinator) as required
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintaining the database for the branch finance module (e.g. entering all payment and receipt transactions off the bank statement, adding new suppliers etc.)
- At the request of the Corporate Services department, cooperating with the external auditor in preparing the association’s accounts
- Providing a quarterly financial statement to the branch committee and Corporate Services department, including meal costs and other financial information as directed.
- Ensuring that any new directives by the Board and Central Office are carried out throughout the branch (e.g. new finance polices are adhered to)
- Maintenance of branch financial records
- Preparation of quarterly branch financial statement
- Preparation for and attendance at branch meetings and the annual general meeting
- Attendance at conferences, workshops and training arranged by Central Office
Training is provided and support is given from the Branch Support Officer at Central Office. If you have administration experience, or are willing to learn, and looking at volunteering as an on-going activity we would love to hear from you. We require a 12 month minimum commitment, so please only apply if available longer term.
Meals on Wheels is a not-for-profit, community-based volunteer organisation working throughout South Australia. Since 1954, we have assisted many people in the community to live independently in their own homes by providing meals for up to 7 days. Delivering hot, delicious, nutritious 3 course meals on week-days and frozen meals for weekends, public holiday and other times when clients may need to be away from home. Our clients include those who cannot cook or shop for themselves with ease, such as older people, people with a disability, carers or those recovering from an illness or injury.