- Location: Valley View SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
A minimum of 1 hour per fortnight commitment. Any day of the week from 10 am to 4 pm at volunteers discretion
- People with disability
- People Learning English
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
Induction and ongoing/varied training offered
Available for travel expenses
- National Police Certificate *
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Make your time as a volunteer worthwhile by joining the Multicultural Communities Council of SA’s Community Visitor Scheme. By giving older people, either living at home or in residential care, the gift of companionship you will help reduce their loneliness and isolation. It is a wonderful thing for someone to have a companion to converse with in their own language.
You can visit at a time that suits you, but we ask that you visit at least 10 times every six months. It is a perfect volunteering opportunity for people working, studying or retired as it is totally flexible…and yet so important!
As a MCCSA Community Visitor you will be part of a community of more than 100 people, aged from 18 to 80 years. Our volunteers speak many different languages and come from many kinds of backgrounds, however they all have kindness and a genuine desire to help in common.
We offer Digital Training, English conversation classes, bimonthly volunteer training (with lunch and a catch ups!) and also nights out. It’s a perfect opportunity to get to know new people, enlarge your network, improve your skills and, most of all, improve the quality of life of an older person. To learn more listen to Isabella on radio 5 EBI on Tuesdays at 5.30 pm. We reimburse travel expenses.
For applicants aged 55 and over, this volunteer job is recognized by Centrelink as contributing towards your work requirement.