- Location: Rozelle NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Indigenous Australians
8-14 hours pw Mon and/or Thurs, between 9am-5pm
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
Induction tour of organization, programs run and their impact, tools and processes plus procedures.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
A skilled volunteer is required to assist to build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
Main tasks include:
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
The goal is to gradually achieve superior engagement and intimacy, website traffic and fundraising potential by strategically utilizing all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.
Advanced level of written and spoken English is essential. Minimum age 25 years.
- Work with Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people (professional and non-professional) who are passionate about positive change for Aboriginal children and their families.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.