- Location: Double Bay NSW
- Commitment: One off - a few hours
- Category: Community Services
3 hours per month on a Thursday afternoon
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
In-house training covering duty of care, confidentiality Emergency procedure & evacuation training
The Men’s Chat Group is a monthly forum for men to discuss a different topic each month. The objective of this forum is to facilitate discussions at the Men’s Chat Group. This role would suit a male.
The volunteer's responsibilities/duties:
- Attend each Men’s Chat Group meeting
- Welcome new members
- Remind attendees of the topic and help guide the discussion
- Assist to minimise side-conversations during the meeting
- Ensure each attendee is invited and supported to participate
- Communicate any feedback from group members to Community Development team.
Essential Qualities and Criteria: Comfortable talking in a group setting; enthusiasm, diplomacy and reliability.
- Satisfaction in providing a much appreciated service
- The rewards of forming friendships in the community
- Developing new facilitation skills.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.