- Location: Double Bay NSW
- Commitment: One off - a few hours
- Category: Community Services
3 hours per month on a Thursday afternoon
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
In-house training covering duty of care, confidentiality Emergency procedure & evacuation training
The Men’s Chat Group is a monthly forum for men to discuss a different topic each month. The objective of this forum is to facilitate discussions at the Men’s Chat Group. This role would suit a male.
The volunteer's responsibilities/duties:
- Attend each Men’s Chat Group meeting
- Welcome new members
- Remind attendees of the topic and help guide the discussion
- Assist to minimise side-conversations during the meeting
- Ensure each attendee is invited and supported to participate
- Communicate any feedback from group members to Community Development team.
Essential Qualities and Criteria: Comfortable talking in a group setting; enthusiasm, diplomacy and reliability.
- Satisfaction in providing a much appreciated service
- The rewards of forming friendships in the community
- Developing new facilitation skills.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering or your first time volunteering in Australia you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday to learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.