- Location: Brisbane City QLD
- Commitment: One off - a few hours
- Category: Other
You can select either 1 or 2 shifts per day over the weekend of the event (Sat 12 and Sun 13 October). It is entirely up to you! Each shift is between 3-4 hours.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
A brief 1 hour training session in a central CBD location (dates TBC).
No financial payment, will receive a BOH tote bag, guidebook, cap, celebratory thank you vollie drinks and insider access to buildings.
Kindly note all volunteers are required to be over 18 years of age and fit to safely fufill the function of volunteering at the building and shift selected. Volunteering may require standing and or walking (including climbing stairs), managing queues and liaising with our visitors.
Never volunteered with us before? Brisbane Open House is a free event over the weekend of the 13th and 14th of October, providing residents and visitors with the rare opportunity to discover the hidden wealth of architecture, engineering and history in buildings and places around Brisbane city.
Some volunteers sign up to gain work experience and enhance their cultural practice, while others just like to be involved and have fun. As a volunteer you may be asked to do any (or all!) of the following tasks:
- Assisting building managers/staff on the day at your chosen building
- Greeting visitors and counting numbers of visitors
- Managing queues, giving visitors information around tour times and direction throughout the building
- Giving visitors general information about Brisbane Open House
- Assisting in running tours on the day, and general event set up, pack down and troubleshooting!
Whatever your reason for wanting to be involved – you are welcome, and we look forward to working with you!