- Location: Across: Kingsford NSW, Rockdale NSW, Camperdown NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Sport
1 hour a week
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
Mood Active is a non-profit based association. We run small group exercise classes (usually 3-6 people) targeted to people who’ve been diagnosed with a mood disorder (depression, anxiety etc) to help them get back on their feet. We are currently operating in the Eastern suburbs and City areas.
What commitment is required? A minimum of 1 x 50-60 min body circuit (or similar) class per week for a minimum of 8-12 weeks. Our current classes are listed on our website. We are seeking a permanent trainer for our Sunday morning class and back-up trainers for other classes.
What skills & experience are required? Essential
- Successfully completed the Tennis Australia Cardio Tennis Fitness Trainer (CTFT) course (or be willing to obtain)
- Ability to build rapport and to listen and converse without judgment
- High level of empathy and ability to motivate people in a supportive way
- Own transport
- Lived experience and understanding of depression and anxiety
- Police check preferred however we can support you in processing this
How do we support you? Moor Active supports its trainers by providing a:
- Induction with an experienced member of our team
- Quarterly e-newsletter with updates on participant improvement & completion rates & the latest research on exercise & mental health
- Quarterly gathering for Mood Active staff and volunteers
- Fortnightly phone contact with the Program Manager & additional support as need
If we sound like an organisation you'd like to get involved with, please let us know what skills you could bring and why you'd like to join Mood Active!