- Location: Parap NT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Governance, Boards & Committees
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
The treasurer is responsible for reporting the financial position of the organisation to the Board of Management. Some of the key role functions are:
- Oversee the management of the financial affairs of NHWNT
- Develop and implement financial strategies, policies and controls including associated financial risk management assessments
- Provide and report on the fiscal health of the association at monthly board meetings
- Create and maintain systems to ensure solvency and transparency
- Ensure Associations legal financial reporting requirements are met
- Work with the NHWNT Executive Officer to develop and present the annual budget
- Regularly monitor NHWNT’s financial performance against the budget and review and amend when required
In addition to the specific duties of Treasurer, you will also become part of our Executive Board of Directors. All directors are collectively responsible for: Accountability – Ensuring NHWNT meets its obligations Strategy – Set the Strategic direction of the Association Monitoring – Ensure adequate reporting is provided by operational staff Reviewing – Continually review of NHWNT’s progress of its strategic goals Policies – Determining appropriate policies to support the achievement of purpose Communication – Representing the Organisation to members and external stakeholders Resourcing – Securing funding and personnel to support NHWNT business activities
The NHWNT Board of Directors are seeking a director with the following attributes:
- Proven experience in financial management (essential)
- Knowledge of NFP financial legislation (desired)
- Experience of financial control and budgeting (essential)
- Financial risk identification and management (desired)
- Excellent communication skills (essential)
- Reliable with a high level of integrity (essential)
- Must qualify for a NT Ochre Card (essential)
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.