- Location: Petrie QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Volunteer times are available Monday to Friday in the mornings from approximately 9am to 1pm and in the afternoon approximately 12noon to 4pm, however, we are flexible and can fit in with your availability.
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
Local orientation and hands on training will be provided.
Free parking is available.
- National Police Certificate *
All checks are provided and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
All applicants will be required to complete an online registration form which will be forwarded to them when their expression of interest is lodged with us.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Address: Pine Rivers Respite Service - 3 Mundin Street, Petrie 4502.
Wesley Mission Queensland’s Pine Rivers Respite Service at Petrie is looking for people interested in spending time with our clients. Just a bit of quality time shared can mean so much!
As a Share Your Time Respite Assistant volunteer you will be assisting our clients (including older persons, those with dementia, and people with special needs) on their lifelong learning path assisting in all or some of the following tasks:
- Providing meaningful social interactions and conversations
- Playing and assisting within meaningful games
- General assistance in respite programs including art, cooking, exercise or music
- Driving clients in our fleet vehicle or assisting the drivers and socializing with clients on their trips
- Administration assistance.
- Other skills or interests that you may be interested in sharing with us.
The role of Share Your Time Respite Assistant is suitable for people who have well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display a calm, caring and empathetic manner. It’s a great way to make a difference in the lives of our clients while making friends, having fun and learning new skills.
Various volunteer times are available Monday or Friday from approximately 9am to 4pm.
Wesley Mission Queensland’s Pine Rivers Respite Service assists seniors and people living with a disability to take a break from their regular environment, meet new people and have a fun and rewarding experience while still having their care needs met.
Our Pine Rivers Respite Service is a hub of activity, providing:
- Centre-based day respite
- Social support
- Personal care
- Flexible respite
- Transport to and from the respite centres
- Carer support groups, and
- Referral to other services as required.
Pine Rivers Respite also supports special needs groups, including:
- People living with dementia
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and
- Carers of elderly people and people living with a disability.
Pine Rivers Respite is a lovely, welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- We supply and pay for any security checks required for the position
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Being part of a team making a difference in the lives of people in our community.
For more information on Wesley Mission Queensland, please visit our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!