- Location: Preston VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
- Mon ,Tues ,Wed , Thursday 9.00am-12.30pm Short shifts and flexible times may be negotiated and approved on a case by case basis.
- Travelling Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Food Preparation & Service
Training and Appraisal: • All team members must attend at least one training session per year as or
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Heavy Lifting
- Driver's Licence (C)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Within this role you will support DIVRS’ Emergency Relief Program with the smooth running of its food program (which also includes warehouse). DIVRS Emergency relief program provides the Darebin community with access to fresh and non-perishable food, promoting health and wellbeing within the community as well as reducing the amount of food that ends up unused and in landfill. There is also the opportunity to work as a food relief driver. You will support the Food Services Coordinator to collect and transport weekly food orders from Foodbank Victoria and Secondbite to our DIVRS site.
We are looking for people who have:
• An interest in food security and sustainable practises, waste reduction and community engagement.
• A valid Driver’s Licence (desired but not essential)
• General good health and ability to be able to complete jobs which requires some lifting.
• Good eye for detail and interest in visual merchandising (desired but not essential)
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• An organised and efficient approach to work
• The ability to work independently and within a team
• A genuine desire to support the local community
• Food handling certificate (desired but not essential)
• Experience in retail and hospitality (desired but not essential)
*DIVRS is an approved Centrelink voluntary work agency. We encourage anyone needs to complete 15 hours’ volunteer work a week to apply.