- Location: Rozelle NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Indigenous Australians
Tuesday, Thursday, 9am-5pm (flexible) 8-16 hpw.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy, & Analysis
After an induction/tour of the organisation and introduction to staff, programs that operate and the impact they have, will be explained. You will be trained in the tools, processes and procedures.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This Not for Profit organisation designs unique, innovative and transformational programs to empower young Aboriginal parents with children aged 0 to 5, to break the life cycle of suffering caused by loss of country, community, culture and family.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Clinical Practice Manager in delivering services and initiatives to fulfill Governance, Risk and Compliance requirements. The role encompasses working in a diverse range of activities that include:
- Facilitating enquiries and initiatives and coordinating responses in relation to Government Information
- Assisting with the management of the internal audit program
- Coordinating projects that relate to Governance, Risk and Compliance activities.
- Demonstrated experience in governance or administrative management in the public sector
- Demonstrated ability to work in a politically sensitive environment
- Demonstrated high level communication skills (verbal and written), including negotiation skills
- Energy, drive, initiative and the ability to keep a number of initiatives and tasks going at the same time
- High level analysis and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement business process change
- Demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft suite of software
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects effectively
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance frameworks and processes.
Minimum age - 26 years.
The role is flexible and can be carried out according to your availability. Some of the work can be done from home and some will require you to come into the office up to 1 day per week. It would be ideal if you can use your own laptop.
Benefits: The organisation is made up of passionate Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal professionals working side by side for fundamental improvements in the life of Aboriginal families, their infants and children. Working with us provides the opportunity to meet people and experts in the field of psychiatry, psychology, social work, etc. working to support Indigenous Australians.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.