- Location: Frankston North VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
12.30pm - 2.30pm - Fortnightly.
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
Food Handlers Training (Free training Online)
- Working with Children Check *
- Watch and read Community Kitchens training modules
- Complete food handlers training (free online or by attending course/can also be viewed on Community Kitchens website)
- Attributes such as: organisational skills, reliability and trustworthy, friendly/good social skills, conflict management, patience.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Community Kitchens are: Small groups of people who come together on a regular basis to plan, cook an share healthy and affordable meals they allow people to:
- access healthy meals
- learn and improve skills including food preparation/cooking, ml planning, budgeting, growing food, teamwork, literacy and numeracy skills.
- connect with local organisations/community
- be involved/make new friends.
Group Leader Position: Community Kitchens are facilitated by a group leader. group Leaders assist the group to plan, prepare and cook meals together. The main role is to help ensure that the group runs smoothly.
- Understand the community kitchens values and aims.
- Welcome and orientate new participants to the group.
- Help set up the kitchen and check it is left clean before leaving.
- Support all members to participate in activities (i.e. recipe selection, food shopping, cooking and cleaning.)
- Know emergency procedures and ensure that everyone is safe.
- Report any issues, incidents or damage to the organisation.
- Keep records of funds used to purchase ingredients/equipment.