- Location: Dandenong VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday 3.30 pm to 6.00 pm
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
Orientation/Induction provided and on-going support
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Volunteers must be over 18 years of age.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Do you want to make a difference to a student's life? - Are you available from 3.30 pm to 6.00 pm on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday? - Do you want to meet people of different backgrounds and extend your skills and experiences?
If yes, then join an organisation that values your contribution in helping others.
About Us The Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre (SMRC) is a not for profit organisation. SMRC was established in 1993 and is governed by Board of Directors. The SMRC provides a range of community based services for migrants and refugees in the South Eastern Region.
About the Opportunity
- Dandenong location - Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday from 3.30 pm to 6.00 pm.
- To provide assistance to secondary students with their homework.
- To encourage young people to develop their own learning and research skills.
- To provide encouragement and positive feedback when appropriate in order to build students confidence in their studies.
- We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to connect with young people of diverse backgrounds.
- You will need to be proficient in the English language, both written and oral.
- Familiar with the school curriculum would be an advantage.
- Experience in teaching or tutoring secondary students is highly desirable.
For further information, please contact Helen Plakidis, Coordinator - Settlement Programs, Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre on 9767 1932.