- Location: Templestowe Lower VIC
- Commitment: One off - a few hours
- Category: Other
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Sport & Physical Activity
You will be provided with an organisational based & a role specific induction. Familiarisation with the work environment, team members, program content and supervisor are part of this process.
- National Police Certificate *
Minimum time commitment: Three to six months
- Application form
- Reference checks
- Induction session
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Access Health & Community.
Would you be interested in providing practical support and encouragement to clients participating in water exercise classes? Or are you student in an allied health related fields looking to learn from 'hands on' experience assisting clients with their exercise programs? This is the volunteer role for you.
Tasks and responsibilities: Volunteer Group Assistants provide practical support and encouragement to clients to enable them to participate in the program. They monitor the needs and wellbeing of participants, reporting to the supervising clinician any concerns they may have about a client. The volunteer assistants also help the clinician with the setup of the venue and packing up at the end of the session. Please note: Volunteers may be asked to assist with other tasks as directed by the clinician/tutor.
Skills and experience: No particular skills or training is required for this role except for being someone who enjoys the water and supporting people.
Benefits to the volunteer in undertaking this role:
- Volunteers will be part of a dynamic team and gain experience in working in a community based venue.
- Students in allied health related fields could learn from this 'hands on' experience assisting clients with their exercise programs.
- Volunteer group assistants, who work at community pool venues, receive a bracelet that allows them to enter the pool area.