- Location: Daw Park SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Flexible - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday for 2.5 hours either 9.30am - 12.00 noon or 1.30- 4.00pm
- Families with Children
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
Mandatory training will be provided as well as ongoing training throughout the year.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
We are looking for a male volunteer to facilitate a Men's Group. This involves working with approximately twelve people, supporting and encouraging them with activities, discussion groups and socialising with others. The volunteer will be provided with all necessary resources to facilitate these activities and also have the opportunity to go on outings with the residents.
The volunteer should be friendly, outgoing with a sense of humour and have good communication skills.
National Police Application will be provided by ViTA for the suitable applicants.