- Location: Hoppers Crossing VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Thursdays: 4:10 – 4:55pm Kinder 5:00 – 5:50pm Primary
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Disability Support
Online and in class training provided
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Main tasks/role Assist participants to develop their skills. Be a role model for the participants in class with your contagious enthusiasm & positivity. Assist with behaviour management. One on one time with an individual, customising your style to suit
Skills & experience required Passion for working with children & young adults w Down syndrome Excellent interpersonal skills Demonstrated use of 'initiative' & problem solving Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team A team player with a commitment to work collaboratively
Training provided Volunteers are fully trained in the specific learning styles of people with Down syndrome, and the syllabus & teaching techniques are regularly evaluated & refined to meet the ongoing learning needs of individuals.