- Location: Victoria Park WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Volunteers are required to commit to a minimum of one day a week, between Monday and Friday, on a regular and ongoing basis
Type of work
- IT & Web Development
- Library Services
specific on the job training
- National Police Certificate *
1. Police Clearance dated within the last six months (If the candidate does not possess one, it can be applied for by VisAbility during the volunteer application process)
2. Ability to use a computer
3. Ability to work without supervision
4. Ability to follow written procedures
5. Good communication skills (verbal)
1. Library sourcing and cataloguing.
2. Audio editing and manipulation
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Volunteers will be exposed to areas related to the digital library concept. We are one of the largest digital libraries in the world which caters solely for people with print disabilities. As a volunteer you will: Play a significant role in helping us successfully provide our services to clients. Our Accessible Information Services support people with disability to access print materials for learning, work or leisure.
- Audio editing
- Audio restoration
- Assisting with accessible format conversions
- Producing accessible audio books
- Distribution of our digital talking books
- Other administrative tasks