- Location: Sydney NSW, Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
2-4 hours per week, flexibly for 6 months
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
1 hour induction
Please note this is a working from home position so own computer, phone and internet is required.
Established in 2013, Mood Active is a small, not for profit association based in Sydney. We provide a tailored exercise programs to the support needs of our clients who can choose from a casual program, 4 week well-being workout or more intense support 8 week 1:1 exercise coaching program.
Participants are typically referred to us by GP’s, psychologists and community organisations and to date, feedback has been very positive.
We are looking to expand our operation and this has created a need for a fundraising specialist to help us for approximately 2-4 hours a week to implement our fundraising strategy and engage with our potential sponsors!
- Creation and execution of a fundraising strategy and quarterly action plan
- Identifying key potential sponsors and exploring partnership opportunities
- Management of fundraising calendar and resource allocation of sponsorship
- Engaging, maintaining and growing fundraising revenue streams from both the community and corporate sectors
- Liaison to external stakeholders and contacting portfolio of high-net worth prospects on a regular basis
- Provide regular reports on donor stewardship, cultivation, solicitation and monthly department reporting including dashboard and board reports
- Present at internal and external fundraising events as and when required and assist with the event administration
Required skills and experience:
- Successful track record in fundraising, including gaining sponsorship and donations
- Experience in health care or fitness industry, mental health, disabilities, not for profits is desirable
- Proactive approach to building new relationships and expanding our network
- A desire to help people in the field of mental health
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS Word, email and internet search skills
If we sound like an organisation you'd like to get involved with, please let us know what skills you could bring and why you'd like to join Mood Active!