- Location: Across: Fairfield NSW, Auburn NSW, Liverpool NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Migrant Services
Minimum 4 hours per week for at least 3 months, shifts are 9.30am-1.30pm or 12.30-4.30pm
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
- Translating & Interpreting
Volunteers will be provided with access to SSI’s flexible, extensive and innovative training program.
Volunteers will have access to reimbursement for all preapproved expenses including reasonable travel expenses.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
• Proficiency in community languages: Arabic, Assyrian,
• Excellent social skills with a friendly and welcoming nature
• Proactive, motivate and flexible to undertake a variety of tasks
• Strong communication written and verbal
• Confident to use public transport and navigate around Western Sydney & Metro
• Willingness to support clients with varied levels of abilities
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Do you speak Arabic, Assyrian? Are you compassionate, welcoming and warm? Would you like to support refugees who have recently arrived in Australia?
Then have we got an opportunity for you!
Community Support Assistants support Case Managers in their work with clients such as accessing local services, support with life skills development, local community linkages and building social networks.
This is not an admin based role, majority of the tasks are out of the office and community based.
- Teaching client to top up opal card
- Taking clients to community first step, Resources Centre
- Follow up calls
- Invitation to event/ excursions
- Completing dental forms
- Accompanying to Centrelink, NSW Housing, passport office, Roads & traffic authority
- Language support with client's needs at the office
- Assisting Case Managers with 6 months review with clients
- Library registration