- Location: Melbourne VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Other
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
We would consider supporting training opportunities.
It would depend on the expense; up for negotiation.
Experience in fundraising
Ability to work unsupervised
Able to work from home
Do you have experience in fundraising? Are you self-motivated and happy working independently? Have you sat on the board or management committee of an NGO before, or do you think you are ready to? Do you want to be a part of an organisation that makes a genuine difference to local communities fighting poverty in Africa and Sri Lanka? Then you've come to the right place!
At RoundTrip Foundation we believe that harnessing the power of travel can make a huge difference in the fight against poverty. We establish and support innovative development projects in Africa and Sri Lanka, actively promote responsible tourism, and encourage the travel community to give back from their wanderings.
Our current fundraising comes from diverse sources and has been very successful. However, as we extend our reach into more developing countries we require an accomplished fundraiser who can continue to grow a reliable income stream for us to facilitate the many new and exciting projects on the horizon. If you can piece together a realistic fundraising strategy and you enjoy small, innovative events and fundraising activities then a role at RoundTrip may well be for you!
Due to the responsibilities of being a member of the management committee, the role requires a broad knowledge of NGOs and their operation.
Duties & Responsibilities of a
Management Committee Member
(1) As soon as practicable after being appointed to the Committee, the Fundraising Director must become familiar with RoundTrip Foundation’s constitution and the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012.
(2) The Committee is collectively responsible for ensuring that RoundTrip complies with the Act and its constitution.
(3) Committee members must exercise their powers and discharge their duties with reasonable care and diligence.
(4) Committee members must exercise their powers and discharge their duties (a) in good faith in the best interests of the Association (b) for a proper purpose.
Duties & Responsibilities of the
Director of Fundraising
- Developing and leading our fundraising initiatives
- Mentoring our inexperienced fundraising coordinator
- Contributing to the growth of our subscriber list
- Creating and meeting fundraising targets and goals for 2020 and beyond
- Actively contributing to all matters under discussion at the management committee level, and voting on issues in the financial, programs, fundraising and administrative areas of the organisation.
- Contributing to other duties and responsibilities of general Committee Members as per State and Federal laws