- Location: Sorell TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
Usually a minimum of once a week for approximately 2 hours. Monday-Friday 9:30am – 6:00pm. Saturdays 9:30am – 12:30pm. After hours by agreement.
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Working with Children Check *
Volunteers should have:
• good communication, organisational and listening skills
• the ability to be sensitive, patient, understanding and respectful of the learner's situation, needs and goals
• a willingness to be creative, flexible and enthusiastic.
Literacy tutors are required to have, or be willing to complete, adult literacy training. We can waive this requirement if you have prior relevant experience.
All volunteers are required to have a Working with Vulnerable People registration. We can show you how to apply for this.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the level of coverage for volunteers due to various restrictions to ensure they are covered for the roles they will be undertaking.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Providing voluntary adult literacy learning support, tailored to the learning needs of individuals and groups. Our Literacy Coordinator will support you to plan and deliver lessons.
Duties may include:
Provide learning support for individuals and/or groups of learners.
Prepare learning activities appropriate to the literacy levels and needs of your learner.
Meet with your learner, usually a minimum of once a week for approximately 2 hours.
Report on progress of your learner on a regular basis.
Encourage independent learning and aid access to Library facilities and services.
Record your volunteer hours.