- Location: Centennial Park NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
3 hours per week, Wednesdays, 9am-12noon
- Groups of 10 or more
Type of work
- Garden Maintenance
- Sport & Physical Activity
On-site hands on training available
Join Sydney's latest conservation project assisting with repairs to a very important small bird corridor. Volunteers are required to work with staff and a team of volunteers to assist in the restoration of one of inner Sydney's most important bird habitats. You will utilize the on-site training provided and use rehabilitation techniques.
- Understand the goals and objectives of the volunteer group
- Work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Undertake physical tasks in an outdoor environment
- Tasks may include the hand removal of invasive weeds, planting, seed collection and watering.
Minimum age is 18 years. Speak/write basic English.
- Learn about native plants, weed identification and control methods.
- Meet new people who share similar interests.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.