- Location: Centennial Park NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
3 hours per week, Wednesdays, 9am-12noon
- Groups of 10 or more
Type of work
- Garden Maintenance
- Sport & Physical Activity
On-site hands on training available
Join Sydney's latest conservation project assisting with repairs to a very important small bird corridor. Volunteers are required to work with staff and a team of volunteers to assist in the restoration of one of inner Sydney's most important bird habitats. You will utilize the on-site training provided and use rehabilitation techniques.
- Understand the goals and objectives of the volunteer group
- Work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Undertake physical tasks in an outdoor environment
- Tasks may include the hand removal of invasive weeds, planting, seed collection and watering.
Minimum age is 18 years. Speak/write basic English.
- Learn about native plants, weed identification and control methods.
- Meet new people who share similar interests.