- Location: Kensington VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
1-2 hours per week
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Writing & Editing
Yes. Resume templates provided and all volunteers go through an induction process.
This is a volunteer position.
- National Police Certificate *
Experience in resume writing and job seeking in Australia.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
After discussing work goals, plans, skills, and career and education pathways you will assist participants to create a simple, clear resume. During a mentoring session, you may:
- Review and revise an existing resume or create a new one using templates provided;
- Draft cover letters for specific jobs
- Discuss Australian workplace expectations
- Build confidence in the participant - helping them to understand their resume, selection criteria or cover letter.
You may see participants for just one session or work together over a number of sessions, depending on their requirements.
Volunteers can nominate the days/times that best suit them. Expected commitment is 1 - 2 hours per week.