- Location: Kew VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
- Groups of 10 or more
- People Learning English
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Garden Maintenance
- Application Form
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Friends of Boroondara (Kew) Cemetery.
Seeking enthusiastic volunteers who enjoy the outdoors and gardening to assist with our monthly working bee.
- General garden maintenance. This includes: weeding, pruning and occasionally planting days.
Skills or requirements: No previous experience required. Guidance will be provided on what you need to do.
Working Bees take place on the 1st Saturday (from 9.00am) and 3rd Wednesday of each month. Volunteers decide how long to stay and enjoy this peaceful retreat.
Join the friendly group who are making a difference to a local community asset. No experience necessary but please wear covered shoes or boots and BYO water bottle and hat. Tools are provided.
The volunteer role could suit:
- Anyone. • A volunteer with limited English • A group of volunteers from a single organisation, e.g. church or service groups • Corporate volunteers, e.g. a team looking for a day of volunteering • Youth/school volunteers - aged 14 to 17 years