- Location: Randwick NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
3 hours on Wednesday, 9am - 12 noon.
- Groups of 10 or more
Type of work
- Garden Maintenance
- Sport & Physical Activity
Training in native plant identification along with horticultural and gardening skills.
An adequate level of fitness is required for this role.
The Guriwal Trail project involves the rejuvenation of a bush tucker garden and cultural space which was originally developed with assistance by trainees from the Guriwal Aboriginal Corporation in 1998 to interpret the flora and fauna.
Volunteers are needed to work within a team of volunteers assisting in the hand removal of weeds, planting, seed collection and watering from selected areas in Centennial Park. The volunteers will utilise the on-site training provided to undertake Conservation and Land Management techniques and horticultural practices.
- Understand the goals and objectives of the volunteer group
- Work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Undertake physical tasks in an outdoor environment
- Learning about native plants, weed identification and control methods
- Meeting new people who share similar interests
- Assisting with the development of an important local indigenous education and cultural garden
- Discounts at Centennial Parklands cafes
- Annual acknowledgements
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.