- Location: Cooee TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
- Garden Maintenance
orientation and induction provided
- Working with Children Check *
Skills and experience:
• Some gardening knowledge preferred, but not necessary
• Ability to take directions from others
• Ability to work as a team, when required
• Organised and able to complete set tasks
• Reliable, with a good work ethic
• As we are on the Burnie High School grounds, it is a requirement to have a current Working with Vulnerable People card.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Main Duties/Responsibilities: Water and weed vegetable gardens, Plant seedlings, Harvest produce for the food hub and/or the market, Maintain a clean and safe workplace (i.e neatly put away equipment after use; ensure garden hoses and tools are not creating a hazard for the other gardeners or visitors to the farm). Any other gardening tasks, as directed.
Deal with other employees and visitors to the farm professionally at all times,
Complete set tasks and clean up area before leaving for the day.