- Location: Birtinya QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
1- 2 hours on a weekly basis.
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Community Visitors play a vital role on the coast, by providing much needed social support to those who may otherwise by isolated and lonely.
The role requires you to travel to the homes of a senior you have been paired with and provide them with company for 1.5 to 2 hours. What you do during this time is up to the two of you. A favorite activity is going for coffees and the beach.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has great communication skills, has a friendly disposition, understanding of the elderly, and can be trusted with confidential information.
At ComLink, our mission is to link the community through affordable transport and care solutions, develop a dedicated workforce of amazing volunteers and staff and continue to innovate to help people live longer, happier and socially connected lives!