- Location: Heatley QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
15 Hours per week as negotiated
- Groups of 10 or more
- People Learning English
- Families with Children
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Garden Maintenance
Orientation, Volunteer Services Induction and Fire General Evacuation Instruction
Volunteer social functions and events. References provided for job seekers.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The gardener will assist maintenance staff by performing small gardening jobs within facilities. The gardener may support residents to maintain potted gardens. General gardening jobs may include:
• Pruning • Edging and mowing • Propagation and re-potting • Basic maintenance (if required)
The volunteer may undertake some, or all of the listed activities and tasks depending on the need of the service. Task specific training will be tailored to the individual needs of the volunteer and the service. The volunteer should have:
• A physical ability to carry out tasks. • Good interpersonal and communication skills. • To have the ability to be able to recognise one’s own physical limits.
#OUTDOORS #aged care #gardening