- Location: Belconnen Dc ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
From 3 hours per week to as many as you would like to do.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
In order to be considered for a volunteer position within our Op Shop you will need to have, or be willing to obtain your WWVP card (free for volunteers) and be willing to undergo a National Police Check (at our expense).
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Successful applicants will join an established, happy and friendly group volunteering within our Op Shop in Belconnen. The YMCA Canberra uses the proceeds from our Op Shop sales to provide services to many groups in the Canberra community. Not only will you get to volunteer alongside like-minded people, you can feel good knowing your efforts are helping to support people in your local community.
You will be required to:
- Greet and serve customers purchasing pre-loved merchandise from the shop
- Assist with sorting, pricing and displaying of pre-loved donations
- Process sales through the register
- Assist with general tidying and light cleaning of the YMCA Canberra Op Shop
Benefits of volunteering with the YMCA Canberra -
- Free off street parking
- Close to public transport
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Opportunity to make new friends whilst supporting your community
- Further opportunities to volunteer in other areas of the YMCA Canberra
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and well-being of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to: • a national criminal history check; • an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas; • holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws; • Two reference checks. Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and well-being of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
This role will suit people looking to volunteer for at least 3 hours, one day per week. We are happy to consider your availability, so if you are looking for more or less, just let us know.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.