- Location: Hawthorn SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Availability during weekdays and on Saturdays. Days and hours negotiable.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
On the job, as required
All Salvos Stores Volunteers & Employees may be requested to obtain an Australian National Police Check.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Then this may be the ideal opportunity for you! Salvos Stores is the retail arm of The Salvation Army, operating as a fully functioning retail business, recycling pre-loved goods and relying heavily on the generosity of the public. All profit from the sale of goods at Salvos Stores contributes to invaluable community programs operated by The Salvation Army.
Volunteers are an integral part of the Salvos Stores community, generously offering their time to assist with the day to day running of our stores. Volunteer activities at Salvos Stores include - customer service, merchandising, donation sorting, pricing, stock replenishment, processing sales and store housekeeping.