- Location: Gladesville NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
2 - 6 hours between 8:00am- 4:00pm, flexible week days.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Seniors & Aged Care
Ongoing training is available from manual handling, using manual wheel chair hoist to safe money handling and receipt processes. After qualifying period, option for LR licence certification.
- Driver's Licence (MR)
- National Police Certificate *
Respect and care for the aged, disabled and transport disadvantaged.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Join our enthusiastic team of volunteers who are helping residents of Ryde and Hunters Hill with transport. A caring driver, using an agency car or their own car, with a willingness to assist our aged clients. We are a door-to-door service and we drive clients to either shops, doctors, hospitals. Our aim is to assist people to stay living independently in their homes for as long as possible.
If you are available for short periods of time, there could also be an opportunity for you.
- Great way to give back to the community and meet people and make new friends.
- Learn new skills.
- If using own vehicle, will receive a reimbursement per km.
- Utilise down time (waiting for client to finish appointment), by taking a walk around the area, shop, study, read, etc.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.