- Location: Greenfields WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Mondays 9am until 12 noon
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Trades & Maintenance
Basic orientation will be provided
- National Police Certificate *
Volunteers will be required to have:
1. Good interpersonal and communication skills
2. Enjoy participating in tasks and activities in a group or on a one to one basis
3. Interest in learning about the impact of dementia on the individual and how to promote and support their abilities (we will provide this training)
4. Previous woodworking or DIY skills would be advantageous in this role.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
You will assist to:
- Support people with dementia in woodwork activities.
- Undertake small repairs and maintenance tasks to support the Centre’s operation
- Involve people with dementia in maintenance and related tasks, according to their individual abilities
- Provide advice to staff on small maintenance tasks and resource requirements.