- Location: Randwick NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Health
15 - 21 hours in total on the trial. Flexible weekdays, between 8am-5pm
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Research, Policy, & Analysis
- Sport & Physical Activity
As outlined above.
Researchers at NeuRA have developed new drug-free treatments for low back pain and are seeking volunteers to participate in their research trial: ‘RESOLVE for chronic low back pain’
RESOLVE is a commonwealth government funded randomized clinical trial that is testing new treatment programs for chronic low back pain. Our current understanding of chronic pain indicates that we should target the brain and central nervous system in new treatment approaches.
In the RESOLVE trial, we are comparing two new treatment approaches that target how the brain and central nervous system process information to produce low back pain.
To participate in the trial, you must:
- have had low back pain for longer than 3 months
- be between 18 – 70 years of age
- be willing to travel to Randwick in Sydney for one 30-60 min treatment session per week for twelve weeks (12 sessions in total). These sessions can be arranged at a time convenient to you.
- have someone to assist with daily at-home training for 10mins a day, 5 days a week
On initial contact, you will be asked some questions to see if you fit the criteria for the study. A good level of English literacy is required.
Participation in this study is completely free to you. You are not required to change any of your existing treatment.
- We predict that one of the new treatment approaches will result in a clinically meaningful reduction in pain intensity in people with chronic low back pain.
- It is hoped that the information gained from this research study will lead to improved clinical management and better outcomes for all people with chronic low back pain.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.