- Location: Carlton VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
To be negotiated.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Tutoring & Coaching
Working with Children Check are free for volunteers. CMY will pay for costs associated with a Police Record Check.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Minimum Commitment: 12 months
The role will be based at a fixed address, but involves travel between locations
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Centre for Multicultural Youth - Pathways Tertiary Program
CMY is currently recruiting mentors for our Pathways Tertiary Program. Mentors in the program will help support young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds who are in their final year of university and are moving into the workforce. We are looking for committed & reliable volunteers to provide 1:1 mentoring over a 12-month period.
We are looking for people who:
- can commit for at least a 12-month period and can reliably attend meetings and catch-ups with their mentee
- have at least 3 years professional work experience and a good understanding about job-seeking requirements and employment norms
- are interested in supporting young people from a migrant or refugee background
- can be a positive and engaging role model for young people seeking career development
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- have the ability to work autonomously, can be self-reflective, and respond to feedback and directions from CMY staff.
CMY is committed to child safety and applicants are subject to child safe screening and assessment. This includes but is not limited to police record and working with children checks and child safety focused reference checks.