- Location: Doncaster East VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
MOPS Playgroup runs from 10-12 am every second Friday during school terms. Kidzone volunteers are required from 3.30-6.00pm every Friday during school terms.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
On the job training where relevant
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation. All volunteers will need to have a Police Check and, when assisting with the Manningham Salvos Children's program, a Working with Children Check, and to complete Salvation Army on-site Child Safe training.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Manningham Salvation Army provides friendship and a sense of community to all within the City of Manningham. Activities are offered for young families, the elderly, those in material need, and the socially isolated. All are supported by a vigorous volunteering program.
The Salvation Army assists all people in need without regard to nationality, race, belief, sexuality, ability or judgement of behaviour by compassionately reaching out to people.
This role is a great opportunity to make a positive contribution to support the work of the Salvation Army while imparting your own wisdom and friendship to first time parents/parents of young children. There are two programs requiring volunteers. ‘KIdzone' is an activity based after school program for primary school age children and MOPS is for preschoolers and their mums' / female caregivers.
We need volunteers for MOPS to:
- befriend young parents, chat and support them
- play with the children while the mums/caregivers have a break
- help set up the hall with toys and pack them away at the end; there is no heavy lifting required.
We need volunteers for Kidzone to:
- mentor the kids
- help set up the hall with toys and pack them away at the end; there is no heavy lifting.
- arrange games and craft for the children
- provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the children
We also need help in the kitchen for both programs to:
- cut up fruit, cheese and arrange snacks for the children and adults
- help set up the coffee and tea
- help with setting up the tables
- wash the dishes at the end of the program.
The MOPS Playgroup runs from 10-12 am on every second Friday during school terms. Kidzone runs from 4-5.30pm every Friday during school terms.
We especially encourage males to join our children's program team for the Kidzone program.
Students undertaking early childhood studies or teaching are encouraged to apply.