- Location: Caringbah South NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Typically a Tuesday of every second month, meeting held during the day approx 3 hours after lunch. Some additional workshops are also held
Type of work
- Governance, Boards, & Committees
Induction and on the job training. Some board webinars and/or training
We pay for travel & relevant training expenses
- National Police Certificate *
Understanding of board compliance, understanding of board roles, policies development, friendly, people engagement, promoting, leading and innovative attributes would be a plus for this role as these are attributes we are seeking.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Sutherland Shire Home Modifications and Maintenance Service Inc (also known as Home Modification Solutions or HMS) is a non-for-profit organisation self-funded. We do receive some grants as support. We support the philosophy of ‘Independent Living’ for the aged and disabled.
The Service recently recruited new skills and refreshed 80% of the board. We now seek a Non-Executive Director (NED) with Marketing & Promotional type skills to fulfil the duties required on our Board and will need to include the following attributes:
- You are passionate about helping the service grow and strengthen and you enjoy engaging with people & the community in general
- You are committed to best-practice ie governance which is enforced by the Chair and Board -You have an appreciation for the responsibilities of a Board member; -You have some knowledge or experience in this type of environment mentioned above.
As NED Board member for HMS with oversight of Marketing and Brand Promotion you would need to:
- Have extensive Marketing & Brand Promotional skills
- Assist the Board in promoting and continue the strategy of building the brand for HMS - Assist in positioning the organisation to increase awareness and understanding of HMS service provision with our target market
- Provide oversight and guidance to the Manager to implement marketing and brand promotion strategies
- Participate in community presentation networking events (these happen approx. every quarter)
- Assist in developing solutions to support marketing & branding through various promotional events throughout the community (including face to face and other innovative avenues) to meet organisational goals & objectives.
A brief CV submitted with the above attributes is useful for Board review.