- Location: Petrie QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Various shifts available, Monday to Friday.
Type of work
- Trades & Maintenance
Local orientation and hands on training will be provided.
Free street parking is available.
- National Police Certificate *
All applicants will be forwarded a link to a quick online registration form with their expression of interest notification. This form must be competed and returned to be considered for the position.
Once we have received your form we will be in contact with you to discuss the position further.
All security check applications are supplied and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Pine Rivers Home Assist Secure: 78 Dayboro Rd, Petrie QLD 4502.
Wesley Mission Queensland’s Pine Rivers Home Assist Secure program is currently looking for individuals interested in volunteering their time to helping us with completing small maintenance tasks.
About Home Assist Secure
The Pine Rivers Home Assist Secure program assists Brisbane seniors and people living with a disability to remain at home and enjoy independent living. Home Assist Secure supports clients with that little extra bit of help around the house to make remaining at home easier.
About the Volunteer Role
Volunteer Handy Persons assist Pine Rivers Home Assist Secure trade staff with various tasks, including:
- Changing light globes
- Servicing taps and toilets
- Repairing loose step treads
- Installing smoke alarms and changing batteries
- Fitting of grab rails and handrails
- Repairing and installing locks
- Arranging gutter cleans and
- Referring suitable subcontractors
- Painting small areas.
Pine Rivers Home Assist Secure is a lovely, welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- We supply and pay for any security checks required for the position
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Being part of a team making a difference in the lives of people in our community.
To learn more please visit the Wesley Mission Queensland website.