- Location: Manly QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
There is some flexibility but it is preferred you dedicate your time at least once per fortnight for a couple of hours between 8am & 4pm, Monday - Saturday
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Music & Entertainment
- Seniors & Aged Care
Orientation and on the job
- National Police Certificate *
Availability – there is some flexibility but it is preferred you dedicate your time at least once per fortnight for a couple of hours between 8am & 4pm, Monday - Saturday
Consistency and reliability – willing to commit to an ongoing basis for at least 6 months
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
At Anglicare Southern Queensland, we respect individuality at all our Residential facilities, and encourage independence in all our residents, while also providing qualified and caring staff to deliver safe and professional support that fosters a loving community.
The Brisbane suburb of Manly is home to the EM Tooth Memorial Residential Aged Care home and a series of modern, bungalow-style independent living units known as Lota Court. The large landscaped grounds also house the heritage listed Georgian-style Lota House.
To maintain this essential service, we require the support of volunteers, and are currently looking for someone to provide music and entertainment to residents during our regular sing-a-longs. You will be required to assist staff in the preparation and clean-up of activities, playing music and tunes that our residents know and encouraging participation and engagement.
The role requires:
• An interest in in music and singing & an ability to play various musical instruments • Knowledge of older songs and/or a commitment to learn • The motivation to make a difference in other people’s lives • Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to engage with elderly gentlemen • A patient, friendly and mature attitude and a respect for confidentiality and privacy • Flexibility, commitment and ability to work both independently and within a team • Respect, care and courtesy towards others
Other requirements include:
• Availability – there is some flexibility but it is preferred you dedicate your time at least once per fortnight for a couple of hours between 8am & 4pm, Monday - Saturday • Consistency and reliability – willing to commit to an ongoing basis for at least 6 months • Confidentiality – this is critical to us and you will need to sign a Role Description which includes a confidentiality agreement • Two (2) referees – who are not relatives and can vouch for your character and interaction in the community (ie. Work Colleague, Long term Family Friend, Community Leader , Doctor or other Professional) • National Police Clearance – we organise and pay for this if you don’t already have one