- Location: Croydon Park NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
6 hours per outing- Mon- Fri
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
As a Social Outings Volunteer you would assist the staff member on the bus run to collect and drop off clients and assist with the ordering and arranging of tea/coffee/cake etc. You would also develop skills in assisting clients who may have a mobility impairment or a vision/hearing impairment, but most importantly having a friendly chat and socialising with the clients.
Essential Criteria • Interest in working with frail aged and people with a disability • Good communication skills • Able to commit to a minimum of one outing per month • Reliable and dedicated • Basic manual handling skills or willingness to attend training
Desirable Criteria • Experience in working with elderly/disabled persons • Sensitivity to issues relating to people who speak a language other than English Preferred day/times: Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday or Fridays Aprox no of hrs: 6 per outing
• Commitment to working with the frail aged and people with a disability • Good communication skills • Basic manual handling skills or willingness to attend training