- Location: Elsternwick VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Other
Flexible hours and days
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
In-store training, orientation and induction provided
Water, biscuits, tea and coffee provided.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Based on the bustling Glen Huntly Road in the hub of charming Elsternwick
- Brilliantly located to public transport. Directly opposite tram stop or a 8 minute (leisurely!) stroll to the train station
- Significantly contribute to your local community. We are all about positive impact here!
We are currently on the look out for Vinnies Volunteers who are available over the weekend to help out in our shop. Our greatest need for volunteers are on Saturday's, however we also need Sunday volunteers!
Are you: • Passionate about contributing your time to impact local communities? • Interested in connecting with people from all walks of life? • Excited to build lasting friendships?
There are many aspects of the shop for you to get involved in including: • Creating amazing customer experiences • Assisting in colour blocking and displaying a diverse collection of donated goods • Designing stylish boutique-inspired shop displays
More specifically you will have: •A welcoming and friendly presence within the store •Excellent communication skills •A ‘Can Do’ proactive attitude and positive team spirit
A little about Vinnies:
The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring, inclusive charity offering ‘a hand up’ to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny by providing practical support, advocacy and friendship. The Society is one of the most recognised and highly regarded charitable organisations that has been providing support to Victorians for 160 years. We operate over 100 retail shops throughout Victoria, commonly called 'Vinnies' that raise much needed funds to support those who are vulnerable in the community.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety.