- Location: Gordon ACT
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Family Services
Wednesday mornings, 3 hours per week
Type of work
- Education & Training
Induction training will be provided to all volunteers
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
- Anglicare Volunteer Application form
- Current Working with Vulnerable People card
- SafeSelect Psychometric Assessment
- Willing to undergo a Police Check
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic volunteers to help support our newest playgroup at the Gordon Community Centre!
Playgroups provide a supportive environment for parents and caregivers to interact with their children through developmentally appropriate play. The program is predominately designed for children aged 0-3 years however any children who are not of school age can attend.
Our playgroup volunteers assist in running playgroup activities, supporting interaction between children and their carers in a non-judgemental way, and help build the confidence of parents and caregivers. They also assist with setting up and cleaning up activities, and providing morning tea to participants.