- Location: North Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
2 hours per fortnight to 2 hours per month flexible week days and hours
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Seniors & Aged Care
Petrol costs reimbursed
- Driver's Licence (C)
Companion Shopping is an invaluable service, which matches volunteers with Clients who require assistance with their weekly shopping and transport in the Lower North Shore area. We require a reliable volunteer to undertake this role.
- Transporting client to and from their own home and the shopping centre
- Accompanying clients around the shopping centre
- Assisting clients with purchasing and carrying items
- Assisting clients with bill paying and related activities
- Engaging in social interaction with the client
Volunteers must have a full NSW driving licence and have access to a car to be able to drive clients to the shops. Petrol is reimbursed. Volunteers need a reasonable level of fitness to be able to help clients in/out of the car, help carry shopping etc. Volunteers should be friendly, patient and enjoy interacting with others. Volunteers must have a valid Driver's Licence and their own car.
- Sense of satisfaction in knowing that you are supporting an individual to maintain their independence at home.
- Opportunity to gain experience in aged care sector, or to gain transferable skills.