- Location: North Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
1-4 hours per week flexible depending on appointment schedule.
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Seniors & Aged Care
Induction and on the job training. Additional training provided as required.
- Driver's Licence (C)
A number of frail aged clients of this organisation need to attend medical appointments but struggle to get to them – could you be the one to help them? This is a crucial service as it allows frail aged clients the opportunity to maintain their health and independence.
If you are friendly, empathetic, respectful and enjoy being with older people then this could be the role for you. Crucially, volunteers in the role need to be responsible and reliable with a good general level of fitness. Volunteers must have access to their own car and current Drivers' Licence.
Volunteer duties include: • Transporting clients to / from their own home to their appointments • Assisting clients with getting into & out of the car • Possibly help clients throughout the duration of their appointment • Engage in social interacting with the client
- Sense of satisfaction from supporting an essential service which allows people to remain independent.
- Gain transferable skills and gain experience of the aged care sector.